Built in 1938, Caistor Yarborough School was named after John Edward Pelham, the 7th Earl of Yarborough. It became an academy in 2011 and changed its name to Caistor Yarborough Academy.
The first major development of the site, was the construction of a two storey classroom block for English and Mathematics, plus a single storey block of purpose built labs for Science
Caistor Sports Hall was purpose built for the school in the 1990s. The building houses a fully equipped, multi-purpose sports hall, a weights room, changing rooms, showers, offices and lockers.
Later, in the 1990s, another two storey teaching block was constructed, housing classrooms for Religious Studies, History, Geography and Modern Foreign Languages. This new building was attached to the existing English & Maths block and the layouts of some of the existing rooms were changed to provide direct access between the two buildings on both floors. The school library was relocated to a mobile classroom which was no longer needed after the new block was built and an IT suite was installed in its place. The new facility was officially opened in 1998 by Charles Pelham, the current Earl of Yarborough.
Following the construction of the new creative arts facility at the school in 2006, various changes were made to the site. The new building was constructed on the former staff car park, which was relocated and redundant buildings were demolished. These buildings had been grouped together next to the school’s main driveway, and a new grassed and landscaped area is in the process of being developed here. The Academy has introduced its first communal bathroom near the mathematics block, replacing the old dilapidated split bathrooms. A round basin sink has been installed with floor to ceiling cubicles on each side of the room to ensure privacy. Also in 2015 the old Electronics classroom has been rebuilt and repurposed as a new CAD Design/ICT Suite.