Free school meals
Find out whether your child qualifies for free school meals and how to apply.
Is my child eligible?
Your child may be eligible if you are in receipt of one or more of the following qualifying benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of state Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
How to apply
Parents, guardians and carers can apply for free school meals online using the parent portal on the Lincolnshire County Council Website:
Important: Once you have applied, tell your school if you receive any qualifying benefits as they can get funding called Pupil Premium.