Last week at the Academy, Y11 students took part in a Careers and Industry week to get them thinking about their next steps and future Career choices. There was a wide variety of events going on including:
– The ASK Apprenticeships Workshop which provided information an Apprenticeship routes and applications
– Virtual Reality Work Experience using Headsets from the Lincolnshire Enterprise and Business Partnership
– Careers Research using the START Profile website
– Workshops with some of our Local Employer Partners – Spearhead Machinery, the Federation of Small Businesses, Knapton Wright Marketing, Grimsby Town FC, BFit Lincs Gym, Caistor, Influence Architecture and Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue,
– Workshops from Access Creative College and Franklin Sixth Form College
– A Tour of the Institute, Grimsby for students who are applying as their Post-16 destination.
The week allowed students to find out more details on specific course and Career routes as well as find out more about specific job roles both nationally and in the Lincolnshire Region.